We're hiring a
Designer / Developer
Are you a designer / developer with top-notch digital skills? Come and work with us, designing and building awesome online experiences for our charity clients.
// What we do
We help charities communicate the superb work that they do by building online experiences that supporters love. We carry out research to understand audiences, design campaigns and build websites and other digital products.
We work for clients who are saving species, fighting diseases and trying to make the world a better place. It motivates us to use our skills to help charities achieve more.
// What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who is interested in using design and technology to make positive change in the world. For this role you will need to have visual design skills, an eye for detail and an ability to use frontend code to realise your vision.
The core of this role is that you will use Adobe XD to create and share your ideas. You will then use HTML and CSS to bring those ideas to life in a browser.
It’s important that you are happy working in a small, collaborative team where you will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated, conscientious and dive in to help out when needed.
You might have recently graduated, be looking to get back into work after time out or have been solidly doing this for years, we don’t mind as long as you have the right skills and aptitude.
// What you will be doing
For this permanent, full-time role you will be:
- Building websites, digital products and landing pages
- Creating layouts, wireframes and designs using Adobe XD
- Hand-coding HTML and CSS to accurately turn visual designs into responsive web products
- Preparing assets, such as images, SVGs and video for the web
- Using WordPress and Beaver Builder to create websites
- Ensuring that products are tested before go-live
- Providing support for our clients, investigating bugs, answering support tickets and problem-solving with the team
Desirable (but not essential) skills or experience:
- Knowledge of charity fundraising and campaigning
- Knowledge of usability and UX design principles
- Some experience with WordPress and Beaver Builder
- Some experience working with custom themes or plugins for WordPress
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standards
- Experience of working with brand and design guidelines
- Experience of working with video
You will report to our Creative Director, Chris and work alongside Karolina (Designer / Developer) and Alice (Development Architect).
// What we can offer you
As well as a salary of between £23,000 to £27,000 per annum (dependent on experience), we offer:
- 33 days holiday including public holidays with an additional day each year you stay with us up to 38 days in total.
- 1 additional day of leave every month that can be used for rest and relaxation, learning a new skill or volunteering / raising money for a charity (with a chance to apply for matched donations from BoldLight).
- Really cool projects that will be fun and look great on your CV.
- The chance to work for great causes and see the impact your work has for these charities.
- The opportunity to be mostly home-based (with occasional team meet-ups in Bedford).
// Let us know you're interested
Closing date for applications: 10th November 2023
If you have any questions or would like to apply for this role, please get in touch at email@example.com. Send over a CV and a link to your portfolio.
Successful applicants will be asked for an interview via video call. There will also be a short aptitude exercise.